Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dinner with the family

Tonight was great!! All the family met at Longhorn's for dinner - all except Wendy's family. They live just too far away :(

As we were finishing up dinner, I thought how great it was that my girls get to spend time with their grandparents, cousins and aunts. I remembered times spent at my grandma's house when my mom's family got together. I hope my girls treasure these times because unfortunately they seem all too few and too brief.

The kids are growing up and all have such different plans for their lives. As they grow and possibly move away, how often will we have these times together? How long will my parents, their grandparents, be around?

I don't have answers for these questions, but am so thankful for our time together tonight!! I just wish Olivia didn't have to go back to Tennessee tomorrow. Only a few more weeks and my babies will be under my roof for the summer!! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment