Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year 1-1-11

A new year.  A fresh start.  A clean slate.  Twelve months to get things right and move forward.  A chance to make right everything I messed up last year.  

What will I do with this opportunity? Will I let it pass and be at the same place next year?  Or will I make the most of what God is offering?


I'm not talking resolutions for the new year.  I want change, permanent change.  My hope this year is to move forward:  to start the ministry I know God has entrusted to me; to help my girls grow to be all God has called them to be; to be a better mother, daughter, sister, friend, laborer.  I want ALL God has for me, every single blessing, every promise.


So how do I accomplish all this?  By being in the Word daily; through prayer and fasting; by listening in the silence for that small still voice; by being obedient to what He calls me to do; through crucifying flesh daily; less Facebook and more THE BOOK; less watching TV and more seeing through God's eyes.


So a few verses to set the theme of my life for 2011:

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. ...I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. ~ Philippians 3:12-14 (Message Bible)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”~ Jeremiah 29:11-14

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. ~ James 1:27 NLT

These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields." ~ Luke 10:2

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. ~ Hebrews 10:23


So with fear and trembling, I begin this journey of 2011.  

May the Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you, 
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment